Many UK independent schools have long histories, well established traditions and are held in high regard, both in the UK and overseas. They offer an excellent standard of teaching and support, small classes and impressive facilities. UK qualifications are recognised and respected internationally. Most independent school pupils achieve very good results, giving them excellent university and employment prospects. High quality teaching enables pupils to fulfil their potential academically, while schools also excel in developing pupils’ soft skills, such as communication, leadership and teamwork, which will be important throughout their lives.
Boarding houses provide high levels of supervision and pastoral care enabling your child to be safe and happy. Interesting and varied extra-curricular activities and trips are offered in after-school hours and at weekends.
Some schools are single-sex, some coeducational; some are academically selective, while others have pupils of a range of abilities. Many are famous for sport, music, art or drama. We can advise which school would best suit your child.
Most pupils are happy at independent boarding schools because:
- they feel less stress than in Hong Kong
- the teachers can devote more time to them because of the small classes
- the lessons are more interesting, as there is more interaction between the teachers and pupils
- they have more time with their friends
- there are more activities
- they become independent and confident
- they learn the best methods to study effectively
- they improve their ability to live with other people